Join the EGH Team!
We believe in community. We care about people. Each year, we help hundreds of women experiencing homelessness find the power to transform their lives. Want to help?
DAY CENTER ASSISTANT
This position is essential to supporting service delivery at Elizabeth Gregory Home’s Day Center to women who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless.
Responsibilities: The Day Center Assistant will:
- Provide hospitality, a calm and non-anxious presence, and positive attitude with our guests. EGH is a non-judgmental and encouraging space, but requires setting limits, having boundaries, monitoring when individual behaviors negatively impact the community experience, and responding appropriately.
- Assist with planning, preparation, serving, and cleaning up for scheduled meals
- Assist clients in using Day Center equipment (i.e. washing machines, computers, etc.)
- Assist clients in obtaining toiletries and/or distributing other essential donated items
- Assist with accepting and sorting donations
- interact with clients by providing support, guidance and resources
- Complete documentation for food donations and client reporting
- Conduct basic maintenance, organization & cleaning of facilities (including mopping, sweeping, wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning restrooms, laundry, and other cleaning as needed)
- Collaborate with Day Center staff on client crises interventions. Hold guests accountable to community agreements and EGH rules and expectations.
- Follow all health and safety procedures at EGH.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness preferred
- Experience with de-escalation skills preferred
- Ability to maintain clear personal and professional boundaries
- Ability to work effectively in constantly changing and sometimes demanding environment
- Ability to accurately record information for required documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals representing diverse backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills, including use of Windows Office Suite programs
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds, sit, stand/be on your feet for 7-8 hours per day, bend, reach, and perform cleaning duties
- Ability to respond responsibly and calmly in emergencies and crisis situations
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
Parttime hours of 8am to 4:30pm on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with the opportunity to fill in on other days when other team members are out. We are located in the University District of Seattle.
Compensation: Starting wage at $20/hour. Benefits include Paid Time Off (PTO) earned based on number of hours worked. We also offer a Simple IRA retirement plan with employer match.
Elizabeth Gregory Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin. We also willingly comply with laws that govern age discrimination, equal pay, and sexual harassment.
People with a criminal record may apply
Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID19 with at least 3 doses.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday December 1, 2023